10 Reasons Peter Obi Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria Not Atiku Or Tinubu
. Peter Obi is prepared for Governance: While other aspirants are going around consulting and canvassing for votes in preparation to succeed in election, Peter Obi is going to places where things are working well to borrow ideas on how to fix Nigeria. Almost every sector of this country had collapse and it seems only Peter Obi cared about fixing things, others only cared about winning election and getting power. I don’t think Buhari is a bad person. He failed woefully in governance because he wasn’t prepared for it. If Atiku or Tinubu takes over from buhari, they’ll only tackle our problems the same way Jonathan and Buhari handles them and that is what brought us here. Nigerians need a radical departure from the norms of doing things the same way and expecting different results. Obi will handle our challenges differently because he is gathering new ideas from countries that are actually succeeding.
2. Peter Obi will ACTUALLY cut cost of Governance: Despite all the resources God has blessed us with, Our leaders borrow a lot, and currently, our debt profile had risen to 60 trillion naira (41 trillion in external debt owed China and other foreign countries, 19 trillion internal debt owed the CBN). Every year, we borrow to fund our overbloating and overpadded budget. Nigeria is like a man who borrows money to live large, therefore, the Peter Obi we all know, who is said to be ‘stingy’ and doesn’t tolerate any form of waste of resources or extravagant spending, will massively cut our high cost of governance. Even if he borrow money, he will only borrow to invest and create wealth for our country just as he did in Anambra state. He is the right man for our country at a time like this.
3. Peter Obi will NOT be controlled by any cabal: Cabals are always formed by powerful people who sponsored a candidate financially, structurally etc to win an election, and they usually influence appointments, policies and major decisions the leader makes while in power.
After leaving a major party like the PDP to Labour party, it is clear he doesn’t have any structure or big politicians that sponsors him in order to control him in office. If he wins the election, nobody will come out to say “I made him president” like someone had already said about Buhari and Osinbajo. The tired people of this country are his sponsor and his structure. Therefore, if he wins, he will only listen to the people.
4. Peter Obi will lead by Example: Even though he has studied Advanced Management and Leadership programs at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Obi’s character and simple personality is what stood him out as an exemplary leader. He cannot tell his followers to do something and stay away from doing it. He is always very close to the People, and this is where he is different from the rest. His leadership style has won him awards like: Sun Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2007); Thisday Newspaper’s Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria (2009); Champion Newspaper’s Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor (2009); West Africa ICT Development Award for Governor of the Year (2010); among many others.
5. Obi is young, healthy and vigorous: The enormity of the challenges that awaits the next leader of this country is enough for us to pity whoever will succeed Buhari. He must be very strong physically, mentally, emotionally, and must be in good health to face what lies ahead. We no longer need a leader that will sit down one place to sign bills and budgets. He must go out there to face our challenges and find solutions to them. In terms of age and health, Obi stands in a more advantaged position than the rest.
6. Peter Obi will appoint the right people into his government: As a man with passion for excellence, and as a leader that will not be controlled by anyone, Obi will not only appoint the right people to run his government, but will waste no time to fire anyone who underperform. Most of our past leaders failed because of the wrong people that were given to them to appoint as ministers. Sometimes, sacking an underperforming or corrupt appointee becomes very difficult because of fear of offending the godfather that sent his/her name.
7.Obi’s Economics Experience and business acumen will help turn around our crippling Economy: Peter Obi’s experience and wide knowledge of the Nigerian economy cannot be matched by any other presidential aspirant; not even Atiku. This aspect of his profile is very intimidating. He was the first Nigerian governor to be appointed by president Jonathan into the National Economic Council even when he wasn’t a close ally or party member of president Jonathan. This was pure merit. Our economy was among the fastest growing in Africa under GEJ (pls verify). He is a former chairman of Nigerian Security and Exchange Commission(NSE), He was the youngest chairman of Fidelity bank plc, he has sat at the board of directors of many banks in the country. He has served in many Federal government Economic committees like, National Economic Committee on Power Sector Reform; National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds; National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export; and many others.
8. Obi will give the youth enough opportunity in his government: Buhari’s government sign Not too young to rule bill into law, yet we still haven’t seen any youth participation in government as seen in other advanced countries. Nigerian youths are ready, but they don’t have the opportunity. Only a youth friendly leader like Peter Obi can give us such opportunity.
9. Nigeria will be united and peaceful under Peter Obi: Some people think that Obi will divide Nigeria because he is an igbo man. But the truth is- not every igbo man support the struggle for Biafra. Before he became governor, while he was governor, and after he left office as governor, Obi has never been linked or had anything to do with MASSOB, IPOB, their leaders, or any other group that struggles for Biafra. He believes in one Nigeria. He is passionate to turn our economy from a consuming economy to a producing economy. China runs a very high producing economy, and while our leaders always go there to borrow money, Obi will go there to borrow ideas that will turn our economy from consumption to production. When this happens, most of our youths will have what to do and will give up violence and terrorism. Most of the disunity and security challenges we have today is caused by bad leadership. So Peace will return to our nation when people experience good leadership under Obi.
10. Obi is not desperate to be president: Peter Obi is only presenting himself to rescue Nigeria. He is not desperate to grab power like some other people that we all know. Buhari contested and failed 3 times, and even said he won’t contest again, but due to his desperation and hunger for power, he still contest for the 4th time in 2015 and finally won. Some of us are lucky to survive his bad leadership. How can we ignore Obi to vote two big politicians whose desperation for power is well known. One has been a serial contestant like buhari, while the other has told us that presidency has been his lifelong ambition. After helping many others into positions of power, he now believe it is his turn to grab power. This is the height of desperation. They have been throwing money around to get support from top politicians while ignoring us the people. Obi will never pay any politician to support him because his hope is in the people. Because of his lack of desperation and respect for the people, Peter Obi is more democratic than the rest.
As OBI-dient citizens of Nigeria, all we want is the best for our country. Those who are tired of bad leadership in this country should support this course. However, we don’t have any problem with those who refuse to support OBI. We feel they are not yet tired of bad leadership. Maybe, they will be tired by 2031, and by then, people like OBI may no longer present themselves to rescue this nation. If Obi fail, and the bad governance continue, remember it is you and I that will suffer